Friday, 9 May 2014

ME/CFS.....boooooo hissss! A tale of sleepy time!

Its been a less than perfect day today...



As I mention in the 'About' section, I suffer from ME/CFS. I never really have good days, health wise, but I do have some days where I manage to keep my eyes open for more than 30 seconds at a time. Sadly, today is not one of those days! I've probably managed to be awake for a total of 2 hours today, give or take. I'll feel perfectly fine and then I'm gone....instant unconscioussness! Which would be fine if a) I was 95 or b) I didn't feel so guilty about sleeping so much. I don't like my hubby to be on his own....its pathetic and soppy, I know, but we miss each other when we're apart and, therefore, rarely spend too much time away from each other. My ME/CFS has no respect for this fact however!



I am on a lot of medications, pain relief, muscle relaxants, anti seizure drugs, two types of anti depressants, thyroid meds and asthma inhalers...this amount SHOULD make me drowsy, yet they don't. On days like today, when my body just decides to hibernate, its not because of the meds. If the bloody condition switching off my energy and control of my body completely! Most days I'm tired and in pain, and have little strength, but those are the days I can cope with a little better. Days like today I hate with a fiery passion. Wouldn't be so bad if the full day and night of sleep left me feeling refreshed when I finally do wake up.....thats the joy of ME/CFS! No amount of sleep helps relieve the symptoms!

So, today is a write off, so I shall stop fighting it and give in to what my body wants.....

Sorry I nodded off then.....oh I should be a comedian! Or not....

Nighty night!



Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment