Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Which Is My Favourite Avenger From The 2012 Movie The Avengers?

Whilst Jan is dealing with her M.E, I thought I would pop by and share with you a post from over on my blog. As Jan is a Marvel fan like me, and she has done some brilliant Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D recaps, I thought I'd share a post about my favourite Avengers from Marvel's 2012 movie, The Avengers... by the way, a little behind the scenes insight for you, I got into trouble for number 3 not having the top spot!

Anyway, without further ado, on with my post... Allons-y!

With all the hype surrounding the current filming of Avengers: Age Of Ultron, it's made me rewatch (like I need an excuse!) The Avengers and it got me wondering... which Avenger in the film is my favourite?


Before I begin, the ground rules I've set myself... The list is limited to the the six who fight in New York. As much as I love Nick Fury, or should I say, Samuel L Jackson as they seem to be one and the same, he is excluded from the list, he isn't an Aveneger, Maria Hill, also quite cool but not an Avenger. Also, having thought about this for some time, seriously, I've pondered this for days, I've come to the painful conclussion that I also have to exclude Coulson. Now, don't get me wrong, when Jan and I watched it we both instantly said he was an Avenger, and, in the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D finale Fury himself calls Coulson an Avenger, however, in the film, he is just a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, a badass agent who verbally puts down a god before blasting him through a wall, but sadly, just an agent... FYI, he would have come top of the list!

Anyway, on with the list...

06. Clint Barton/Hawkeye

I feel a little bad about this, after all he is Loki's gopher for most of the film, however, my least favourite Avenger is Hawkeye. I've never really gotten into the whole Hawkeye character, don't get me wrong, he is sort of cool and, he doesn't have powers or a kick ass protective armour, yet he's willing to get into the fight against a god and his army but... the best way I can describe it is, I just feel blah about him. Hopefully, he'll get a bigger role in Age Of Ultron and I can maybe change my mind about him.


05. Steve Rogers/Captain America

This is quite possibly a controversial choice for my number 5 spot... Captain America. Don't get me wrong, he's a good hero, he'll fight to his last breath (or turn himself into a capsicle!) and you would certainly want him on your side, however, I have always found him a little... boring.


04. Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow

Number 4 on my list is taken by, Black Widow. Like Hawkeye, she is without superpowers, well, apart from having the ability to wear a skin tight outfit thus turning fanboys into a blithering mess. Despite this however, she is always ready to get into the action. Not only does she kick Chitauri butt on the ground but, she also takes to the air, hoping from one Chitauri craft to another. Even before the battling truely starts, she has a run in with a slightly p****d off Hulk and comes out of it relatively unscathed, how many people can say they have done that?


03. Thor

Choosing my last 3 was quite tough, I love all three of them, each is unique and cool however, after much deliberation, here we are... I suspect, I may be in trouble with Jan for only putting him at number 3, however, at 3 I have Thor. I have get this out of the way now, he is not at number 3 on my list due to a jealousy over his physique or his impossibly good looks... that is purely coincidental. Not only does Thor kick butt in Avengers, and act all godlike but, he also has quite a few comedic moments which is nice considering, as a character, he is quite serious. I can't really explain why Thor is at this position instead of higher, it's just, I prefer the other two more, as daft as it sounds, it's that simple.


02. Bruce Banner/Hulk

I have always had a love of the character, the Hulk, so, it was somewhat obvious that he would be within my top 3, so, here he is at number 2. I could go into some deep reason about why I like him, something about his internal struggle and learning to control his Hulk side... it would be a load of rubbish, I like him because of the destruction he can, and does cause. Off the top of my head, in Avengers he takes down a plane (in his defence, they were shooting at him), he takes down a Chitauri Leviathan, he takes out countless Chitauri soldiers, he saves Tony Stark... he even manages to have a comical moment with Thor in the midst of the battle. Also, at the risk of bordering on something deep and meaningful about him... despite his appearance, and obvious temper issues (we can all get angry) he is ultimately good due to Bruce Banner's humanity and will fight to protect people, as proven by his envolvement in the battle in New York, so that's good!


01. Tony Stark/Iron Man

Relatively obvious choice, not in the least because I've already run through all the other Avengers but, my number 1 spot is taken by... Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark has remained one of my favourite Marvel character for quite some time now. I have always liked his determination to right his wrongs, protect both the innocent and the ones he loves, his ingenuity, oh yeah also... his suits are badass! Although I didn't mention it on the other five, I think that all the people cast to play them were a damn fine choice and non show this better than Robert Downey Jr, it's like he was born purely to play Tony Stark... it could be what happened, he was born a couple of years after Iron Man's first appearance (if Wiki is right!).

So there you have it, the Avengers in order of my preference for them. Which is your favourite and least favourite Avenger? leave it in the comments below.

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Well, first comment didn't go through!

    I do love finding another fan of Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel fan! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll want to stick around, there'll be plenty more Marvel stuff coming!

      You may also like my husbands blog too, he's at http://iguffogg.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete