Thursday, 23 October 2014

Christmas 2014 Gift Guide - Arkham City Converse

As Jan is still incapacitated with her M.E...incapacitated is maybe a little strong of a word for it but, I like it, it's big and makes me sounds clever(!)...anyway, I thought I'd share with you my first post from my Christmas 2014 Geeky Gift Guide...

Hope you enjoy!

Ian.

With October quickly approaching nearly over, stores are now full of Christmas paraphernalia. With that in mind, I thought I'd try my hand at the job of Santa's little helper (as in elf, not the Simpson family dog), and point you in the direction of some cool gift ideas... Allons-y!

With Gotham having started last week, this first pick, could almost be seen as topical...it's Batman, Arkham City Converse (Chuck Taylor's for my US readers).


If you head over to converse.co.uk (converse.com - US), you will be greeted, with many great options. I suggest bypassing these options, for now, and heading to Create (Custom - US). Within Create, you will find, the Batman Arkham City custom Converse.


As the name suggests, these are fully customisable and, you can tweak everything about them until they are just the way you want them. You can choose from six graphics, featuring iconic characters from Arkham city (one per shoe, either same character or different). Once you have selected your hero, or villains, you can customise everything else about them. You can choose a lace colour, interior colour, tongue colour, stitching colour, racing stripe colour...the list goes on!


With standard Converse normally costing between £20-£40 (don't quote me, I did a quick Google search), you obviously pay more for these, what with the customising and Batman branding. In the UK they are currently priced at £60 and, in the US they will set you back $80.


If you are interesting in getting a loved one a pair of these, I suggest acting quick. Currently, the estimated delivery time is around 3-4 weeks. I would think however, the closer it gets to Christmas, the greater delivery time will become.


So, there you have it...my first gift idea of my Christmas 2014 Gift Guide. I hope you will find this, and future ideas useful.

Do you have a pair of these? Do you want a pair? Who is your favourite Batman character? Leave me your thoughts below.

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment